How to take omeprazole with gastritis? Appointment, contraindications
Treatment of chronic gastritis and stomach ulcers is rarely treated without a drug such as Omeprazole (Prilosec) (with the active substance - omeprazole). It is an inhibitor of the proton pump, which allows you to reduce the acidity of the gastric juice, relieve inflammation from the gastric mucosa and accelerate recovery.
Neutralization of gastric juice is an essential component of gastritis treatment.
Why I need to take Omeprazole (Prilosec) with gastritis?
Omeprazole (Prilosec) is prescribed for stomach ulcers and duodenal ulcers, gastritis and duodenitis to neutralize the acidic environment. Gastric juice contains hydrochloric acid, which must digest food, split it, preparing for a further digestion process. The lump of food with gastric juice then enters the duodenum, where the digestion process continues with the help of enzymes contained in bile, hydrochloric acid is neutralized, and food moves further along the intestine.
If the acidity of the gastric juice rises, it begins to affect the walls of the stomach, irritating them, which leads to a hyperacid gastritis. To remove the inflammation from the gastric mucosa, the acidity of the gastric juice should be lowered.
Omeprazole (Prilosec) with gastritis, getting into the stomach, affects the pH of gastric juice, neutralizes the action of hydrochloric acid and creates favorable conditions for the healing of the walls of the stomach. The drug acts not only on the contents of the stomach, but also on the glands themselves, cells of the gastric walls, blocking the production of acid. This explains the effectiveness of the drug and its popularity in people suffering from ulcers and gastritis. With the correct application and determination of the optimal dosage, the drug has the following effect:
1. Relieves pain syndrome. Acid, irritating the walls of the stomach, causes painful sensations, spasms, hungry pains. Omeprazole (Prilosec) does not have an analgesic effect, but it removes the pain syndrome by eliminating the irritating factor.
2. Normalizes the stool. Increased acidity often causes various disruptions in the work of the intestines: constipation, diarrhea. Omeprazole (Prilosec) relieves unpleasant symptoms.
3. Eliminates nausea and sour eructations. Gastritis is accompanied by a belching with an unpleasant acidic odor and nausea due to acid exposure. Omeprazole (Prilosec) helps to eliminate these symptoms, but for the best effect, treatment should be complex and accompanied by a diet.
4. Eliminates heartburn. Omeprazole (Prilosec), reducing the acidity of gastric juice, prevents its release into the esophagus and relieves heartburn, which is a frequent companion of gastritis.
Dosage and administration of Omeprazole (Prilosec) for gastritis
Dosage and duration of treatment with omeprazole should be determined by the doctor depending on the type of disease (the drug is prescribed only for gastritis with high acidity), the severity of the patient's condition, his age and body characteristics.
The drug is available in the form of tablets, capsules or powder for dissolution. One capsule already contains the optimal daily dose (20 mg of the drug), so it is enough to take a pill or capsule before the first meal. There are certain rules for taking omeprazole, which will allow you to take it with maximum benefit:
1. Tablets and capsules must be swallowed whole, not crushed, chewed and not dissolved. The course of treatment of an acute form of gastritis lasts no more than 2 weeks. Taking the drug consistently without prescribing a doctor is not recommended. The course of treatment can be extended only by a doctor if necessary.
2. Omeprazole (Prilosec) can be combined with other medications. If the cause of gastritis is the bacterium Helicobacter pylori, antibiotics are administered concomitantly with omeprazole. The interval between doses should be at least one hour. Do not drink all the pills at once, with a handful, they will not be effective enough.
3. Omeprazole (Prilosec) is enough to take 1 time a day, this dosage will be effective throughout the day (24 hours), increasing the dose alone is not recommended. The doctor may increase the dosage to 2 or 3 capsules per day only with the appropriate indications.
4. With proper administration of the drug, the maximum concentration of the drug in the cells is reached 4-5 days after the start of the treatment. The drug continues to operate after withdrawal within a week.
Do not take Omeprazole uncontrolled, without diagnosing and prescribing a doctor, and for prevention.
The drug has side effects. Do not abruptly interrupt treatment with omeprazole or take it occasionally. This will significantly reduce its effectiveness and lead to a relapse of the disease.
Contraindications and side effects
When buying and taking Omeprazole (Prilosec), side effects are rare. In some cases, there is diarrhea, a feeling of dry mouth, increased thirst, headache, fatigue. An allergic reaction can manifest as a rash, itching, urticaria, swelling. When observing such side effects, the drug will have to stop taking.
Side effects are almost not manifested when the dosage and recommendations of the doctor are observed. If unpleasant symptoms appear, stop taking the drug or reduce the dosage, side effects will quickly disappear (within two weeks without additional treatment). Omeprazole, like any medicine, has its contraindications.
1. Pregnancy and lactation. For pregnant women with chronic gastritis, taking omeprazole is a relative contraindication. In rare cases, under the supervision of a doctor, it is allowed to take the drug, but more often only a sparing diet and safer drugs are prescribed, for example, Almagel.
2. Individual intolerance. If there is an individual intolerance to omeprozole, it is replaced with an analog drug.
3. Children up to 12 years. Childhood is considered a contraindication, but in rare cases with severe esophagitis and peptic ulcer in the child, omeprazole is prescribed to children from year to year. Dosage is determined taking into account the weight of the child: 10-20 mg 1-2 times a day.
4. Severe liver and kidney disease. The drug is destroyed in the liver and excreted by the kidneys with urine. With serious pathologies of these organs excretion of omeprazole from the body is difficult, which leads to various side effects and complications. In case of need, patients with renal and hepatic insufficiency are prescribed omazol in a reduced dosage.
5. In no case should you take the drug without examination and diagnosis by a doctor. Drinking omeprazole with any pain in the abdomen is dangerous, because even with the onset of relief, the clinical picture is smeared. As a result, you can miss a serious disease, such as a stomach ulcer or a malignant tumor.
What can replace Omeprazole (Prilosec) in the treatment of gastritis? Analogs of Omeprazole (Prilosec)
In case of individual intolerance of the drug can be replaced by an analog, which the doctor will recommend. Omeprazole analogs also reduce the acidity of gastric juice and help to relieve inflammation of the gastric mucosa.
1. Aciphex. Aciphex is used for treating heartburn or irritation of the esophagus caused by gastroesophageal reflux disease.
2. Carafate. Carafate is used for treating and preventing ulcers.
3. Gasex. Gasex helps in digestion by exerting carminative, antispasmodic, antiflatulent and antacid actions.
4. Ranitidine. Ranitidine is used for treating certain conditions that cause your body to make too much stomach acid (eg, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome).
How to buy Omeprazole (Prilosec) 40mg, 20mg and 10mg online? Omeprazole (Prilosec) prices. Buy Omeprazole Online Cheap.
Here you can see some Omeprazole (Prilosec) 40mg and 20mg prices. To buy Omeprazole (Prilosec) online please Click the button "Buy Omeprazole" at the top of this page and you will redirected to official pharmacy.
Omeprazole (Prilosec) 40 mg prices
Omeprazole (Prilosec) 20 mg prices